Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bad Dream? Take me to Yogurtland...

With the American economy being down in the dumps these days and seeing coworkers losing their jobs, I had a horrible dream last night. I was at my parents' house rather than my current home, and Steve Jobs was there... pointing at me angrily and telling me that I'm fired, in my own parents' home?!? He then proceeded to tell me harshly that I need to pack my things up quickly and get out. In a frenzy and out of panic, I start packing items in all my old backpacks still residing at my parents' house in my old room. But each time I packed a backpack, it would disappear. Eventually, I was at my last backpack. I remember the backpack in reality (Hawaiian-designed white flowers on black with an adjustable drawstring, where a flap opening at the top locked for safe closure by a knob in the front, and a small zipper pouch in the bottom-front), but there were items in the backpack I never owned or recognized having at any time during my life; it contained a blue plastic lunchbox and a Tuxedo Sam doll. Still in a rush and confused about where my other packed-up backpacks went, I stuffed the remaining backpack with essential items from drawers and was finally ready to leave. While standing by the front door to my parents' house, still within the house, some random voice tells me that all the items I packed up are being kept safe. At this point, I wake up... and off to live reality I go.

Ever had an odd dream like this? Well there is an ailment! Many Californian frozen yogurt lovers who prefer fresher frozen yogurt may trek to Blush, Pinkberry, or organic frozen yogurt shops like Fraiche. Though I agree these other shops have fresher-tasting frozen yogurt and are enjoyably delectable, I would still prefer to trek to Yogurtland. You can have as many free samples as you please with the choice of several flavors varying from creamy to sugary to tart, as well as "no-sugar added" flavors, before you decide to fill up a cup. Yogurtland also offers a wide variety of toppings ranging from different types of fruit to candies, nuts, and syrups. You can get all this for ~$0.37/ounce, which is reasonable for California at least (it used to be cheaper than this but again... the economy's been rough so the deal is still pretty good if you think of it holistically from my point of view.)

During this season (Fall 2012) for as long as it's available, I highly recommend trying the "no-sugar added" Yo-Frappe flavor. This is a caramel-chocolate mixture. It wasn't creamy or too sweet but rather reminded me of a chocolate-flavored Popsicle with a hint of caramel. Another new flavor available this season is Milk Chocolate Hazelnut. This was creamier and sweeter than the Yo-Frappe flavor, but quite worth the try (if you like milk chocolate and hazelnut). Both of these new flavors are advertised as non-fat, gluten-free, and contain some essential vitamins. (If you're lactose-intolerant like me, it is still certainly worth popping a couple of Lactaid pills and treating yourself!)

After such a nightmare, carrying on with one's regular daily routine can still fare well. Thanks to a very awesome friend who reminded me how Yogurtland is a happy place that allows one to forget the woes in life, I was able to discover the Yo-Frappe and Milk Chocolate Hazelnut flavors and enjoyed a great innocent girls' fun night out; all of which helped me forget about the scary nature of my awful dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment