Friday, April 8, 2011

About Dance Shows

MTV's America's Best Dance Crew has started it's sixth season! How exciting =D I LOVE dancing - especially hip-hop dancing. My friends who love to dance and enjoy the art of dance more-so enjoy the shows "So You Think You Can Dance?" and "Dancing With The Stars", but I admit that MTV's America's Best Dance Crew appeals most to me. The crews this season look REALLY great that it's difficult for me to say I have a favorite this time around. All the past seasons, I've definitely pulled for Jabbawockees, (I like Super Cr3w but it was hard to follow this second season after seeing how awesome Jabbawockees were in the first season), Quest Crew, We Are Heroes, and I do like Poreotix... but my all time favorites out of all these crews are Jabbawockees, Quest Crew, and We Are Heroes. Although after these crews win, I have no idea how we can watch them perform or where they perform (aside from hearing that Jabbawockees perform in Las Vegas every now and again, but I only know of this because a group of guys approached my girl friend and me when we were in Vegas stating they manage Jabbawockees' performances in Las Vegas, but the extent of their legitimacy in stating this is highly questionable o.O). Does anyone know what happens to these crews after they win? Do you see them in any music videos?
Anywho... there seems to be some popularity in watching dance shows nowadays - even the popular music nowadays seem to cater towards an audience that likes to hear beats and rhythms that are easy to dance to when in night clubs (but that's just an opinion and one person's perspective). What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree?
Either way, I don't mind - I love dancing and the new wave of music I hear on the mainstream radio so thank you pop culture for catering to my liking =)
If you watch MTV's America's Best Dance Crew.... please let me know which crew you like watching the most, and in this sixth season, who are you rooting for? o.O

1 comment:

  1. Okay I admit that after reviewing the performances online, although I think all the crews danced well tonight, I might just be pulling for Phunk Phenomenon --> http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/640461/phunk-phenomenon-performance.jhtml#id=1661577
    We'll see how the season progresses though =)

    ReplyDelete