Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Easter bunny surprise

I'm not religious, but I grew up learning about Catholicism and Christianity in private schools I attended during my youth. The idea of the Easter bunny during Spring used to be fun, just as the thought of Santa Claus during Christmas, as my friends and I would be taken on Easter egg hunts and decorate eggs. My cousins and I would make Easter egg hunt games all year long (unintentionally, but hey, it's important to enjoy your youth!)

On Easter Sunday this year, my family and I honored a Chinese tradition of visiting the cemetery, where we paid our respects to our deceased family members. One of them was my recently late grandfather from my father's side of the family who passed away last year in August 2012. Though the Easter bunny was far from my thoughts on Easter Sunday, he suddenly arrived to greet me with cheer. I couldn't be more surprised and thankful for all that my life has to offer and has offered to get me to this point. I only hope you all can feel the same. If not now, keep looking up as there will be at least one moment when you can smile about something.

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment